Thursday, November 6, 2008

A good man

My faith in humanity has been restored once more. Before a night shift, I always end up getting a vanilla bean latte but last night my heart broke when the (incredibly cute) barista told me that the espresso machine was broken. Hovering somewhere between depression and panic at not being able to meet my nightly caffeine requirements, I wondered what else I could drink that would sustain me for at least half the shift. And that’s when he made me a ‘fake latte’ – he mixed in just the right amount of vanilla flavour and milk in the caramelo and handed it over to me! Unnamed barista, thank you for making a yummy and functional drink that allowed me to see a boat load of patients without losing my mind for half the shift. I’m officially in love with you!

No comments: