Sunday, June 7, 2009

Creepy – with a Capital CREEP!

Two hours into my shift, I got a patient with chest pain and he got the standard initial workup – ECG, bloodwork, line, oxygen, monitor etc. Three hours after that, I got a lady with similar symptoms and she got the same treatment. She was placed in the room next to the guy. The rooms are divided by glass walls and are covered with curtains. The curtains were FULLY drawn between the two rooms because undrawn curtains are my pet peeves. Patients are already forced to expose themselves to the staff – they shouldn’t have to be exposed to other patients as well. While the woman went to the washroom, I figured, I’d quickly down some juice to prevent a hypoglycemic episode while assessing my patient. When she returned to her room, I started hooking the woman up to the monitor and what do I see out of the corner of my eye? The man peeking out from the uncovered part of the glass partition and staring openly at the woman. I quickly closed the curtain and finished hooking the woman up to the monitor. I then talked to the charge nurse about moving him to another room. He was moved and then he started peeking into other women’s rooms with a very visible erection (one woman was being catheterized)! A 30 something woman got so freaked out by him staring at her that she tried to throw a bag of NS at him. It (unfortunately) missed. Security was promptly called after that little incident and was made to stay in his room. What a f%$*ing CREEP!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good grief. He needs to be hit upside the head with a metal urinal.

One Nurse said...

If he was feeling good enough to be stalking all women patients, then it is time to send him on his way! That is very creepy!!!

Crazed Nitwit said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! How nasty is that? Glad he didn't do anything worse. Major league creep IMHO.

Reality Rounds said...

Sounds like he needed a therapeutic urinary catheterization with a molten hot foley.

GingerJar said...

What a freak. Maybe his "erection" needed an ice pack...oh and I like the idea of the therapeutic urinary catheterization with the molten hot foley....Reality Rounds knows what he/she is talking about!

Maha said...

Therapeutic catheterization with a molten foley is perhaps one of the best ideas I've heard! The guy just HAD to develop more symptoms and he ended up staying well past my shift.