Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What’s in a name?

Ill informed patient: I’m allergic to ibuprofen.
Me: What happens when you take ibuprofen containing medications?
Patient: I get really bad hives and I feel gross.
Me: But you said earlier that you took Motrin for your pain?
Patient: Yeah, Motrin not Ibuprofen. Are you not fucking listening to me?
Me: Motrin IS ibuprofen.
Patient: No its not. I didn’t get hives.
Me: Then perhaps you’re not really allergic to ibuprofen.
Patient: You’re retarded. You’re just a nurse. I AM allergic to ibuprofen so get me some Percocet bitch!
Me: Security!

Moral of the story: If you’re a drug seeker, it would benefit you to know the trade and generic names of your drugs so you don’t look like a bigger jackass than you really are. Oh and I'm not 'just a nurse'. I'm your nurse and I'm not going to 'advocate' to feed your addiction.

3 comments:

Tex said...

And naproxen is Alieve.
And being allergic to tylenol means no Vikes or Percs.

Seekers be idiots

Azmomo2andcounting said...

Here Here!

LivingDeadNurse said...

haha thats hilarous...i love when they try to argue with you that you didn't give them their medicine...i never got it...thats just great! i hate drug seekers too