Thursday, April 9, 2009

Professional Communication

A 50-ish something man comes in with severe alcohol withdrawal, tremors from hell and the highest fever I’ve ever seen. I get him some Tylenol and help him to the bathroom. When I go back to the nursing station, a bewildered doc is looking through the charts and asks me, “where’s the shake n’ bake from exam 5?”

After a moment of silence, I couldn’t help but laugh very loudly at the doc’s very clinical description of the patient! Nursing theorists would be disappointed in me.

3 comments:

Marz's Bar said...

LOL!
That is very rude, yet incredibly funny!

OMDG said...

Very funny.

On my ER rotation, someone coined the term "crack hair." Wildly inappropriate, but totally apropos.

Kim said...

OMG - Shake n' bake? LOL!

All I can picture is a guy in a chicken suit covered in bread crumbs! LOLOL