Saturday, January 1, 2011

Is it possible to eat so much that your stomach starts to displace your internal organs?

Normally, I consider myself a discerning glutton but this holiday season has been filled with eating on a scale unheard of until about 10 days ago (right when I wanted to pick up working out on a consistent basis again). Normally I don’t eat during night shifts but when I worked straight nights during Christmas, I was powerless to resist the goodies of our annual Christmas potluck. I was deliriously happy when I realized that the majority of my coworkers were amazing cooks on the side! Then I was stuffed silly by my elderly relatives as soon as I got home from work. Tonight is not going to be any different. In fact, as I write this post, I have 3 beef dishes on the stove and some baklava in the oven for a dinner party tonight. The point of this post? I’m far too stuffed to write anything relevant to nursing so I’ll just raise a glass to great food shared with great company, holiday shifts that were uneventful and let me have a chance to actually get to talk to my coworkers and wish you all a very happy and healthy new year!

6 comments:

NPO said...

Not sure what the beef dishes are, but a good baklava is wonderful and worth the calories.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

That sounds good. Enjoy! You can diet tomorrow.

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

Oh goodness do I hear ya! I have eaten more this holiday season then many others put together. Well good thing I can look foward to tomorrow and the chance to work out and watch what I eat. Enjoy yourself.

Community RN said...

have a wonderful new year!!!

xx
C. RN

Brett Brohl said...

Hello,

I run Scrubadoo.com, a new e-commerce site that sells pretty much anything a nurse needs to wear to work.

I am reaching out to bloggers with posts & readers that may be interested in a store like ours in the hopes to have some of them do reviews of our
website.

We would be happy to provide you with a gift card at the site to use to shop with us, or we could also work something out where we would provide you a
discount that you can pass on to your readers, or potentially even a code that we could track and any sales that you sent to us we would send a % back
to you.

If you would like to do a review we would want you to be 100% honest and you would control everything that was written. We are NOT looking to write a
post and just have you put it up on the blog.

I also want to give you a quick rundown on our company & what we are about Scrubadoo.com is a small company out of Minneapolis Minnesota, we were originally founded in Charlottesville Va. We started the company 2 years ago with the customer service at the core of everything we do. We felt that
the other major websites out there were not offering adequate levels of service to their customers. Thus far we have had a great response! We have many testimonials and have even been interviewed on NPR about going above and beyond service expectations.

We think bloggers like you can really help us spread the word about our company and are confident you will love shopping with us. We would love to
hear from you and look forward to your review!

-Brett

561.909.9089

brett@scrubadoo.com

Anonymous said...

Pot lucks were banned back in September when the ortho floor was hit with a GI outbreak. It wiped out a ton of nurses and then ortho was short all the time. So no food goodies were allowed to be shared. :(