Saturday, September 18, 2010

Back to Work but In Better Spirits

When I wrote my last blog post, I was feeling rather indifferent about my work and nursing in general. The last thing I wanted to think about was work or anything related. Even blogging seemed depressing because I didn’t want to revisit work related stories. All in all, it was high time for a break! Since then, I’ve done a little travelling, got a new cat and have been busy trying to house train her and enrolled myself in some continuing ed courses. I had a serious talk with my boss about moving into other sections of the department to which she reluctantly agreed. Now (as clichéd as it sounds) I’m once again looking forward to work (or at least not dreading it as much) and I have some blog posts brewing which should be posted up within the next couple of days. It's good to be back!

9 comments:

Angela said...

glad that you had a chance to change and recharge!! Doing that early on helps to stop us nurses from burning out :D! Have fun in your new post and I'm looking forward to your posts!

xx
Jaxs

OMDG said...

Glad you're feeling better! The blahs suck. Can you post pictures of your new kitty?

StorytellERdoc said...

Good for you, Maha, for recharging yourself! You are no good for anyone else if you don't keep yourself centered. Welcome back and look forward to some new words from you!

L said...

It's good to have you back!

RehabNurse said...

I think this quote is appropriate for you:

To get away from one's working environment is, in a sense, to get away from one's self; and this is often the chief advantage of travel and change. ~Charles Horton Cooley

Yes! Getting away is good for you.
And off I go!

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Welcome back. You were missed. Glad you are feeling better.

Robert said...

Everyone needs to pause to breathe every now and then. Glad you're back, and congratulations on the new kitty.

Anonymous said...

Jeez Louise, I thought you had vanished, like for good. Glad to see you back, and please, next time, at least leave a trail of breadcrumbs (or hospital sandwiches) so we know where to find you.

xxoo

Your ever-loving TorontoEmerg

Maha said...

Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone!

Kitty pictures will be posted soon.

And next time I definetly will leave a trail of hospital sandwiches (soggy tuna of course) if I need another hiatus!