Monday, February 16, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You


After my 4th night shift in a row, I wasn't able to sleep normal hours so I figured that I might as well join my sister to see 'He's Just Not that Into You'. I wish I hadn't. Not only was that movie a waste of my $10 but I could actually feel some neurons dying as I stared dumbfounded at the romantic hijinks of the thoroughly idiotic cast of characters. Those are two hours of my life that I will never get back.

That movie was a mash up of every trite, redundant and annoying clich̩ about both single and married women. By far the most anger inducing character was Ginnifer Goodwin's. Rejected more than once by blind dates because of her neuroticism bordering on obsessive stalking, she proceeds to make an ass out of herself in every scene with a volley of high pitched inane comments about her desperate search to find Mr. Right. Then there's Jennifer Aniston's and Ben Affleck's characters whose only conflict is not being legally married despite a good solid relationship that has lasted almost a decade. Last but not least is the married couple played by Jennifer Connolley and Bradley Cooper who inevitably divorce because he cheats on his wife. Rather than explore why he cheats and/or how the marriage started to fall apart, the movie offers the one dimensional explanation that he cheats because he's bored and trapped in his marriage. The rest of the characters are so useless that they're not worth discussing. The movie portrayed women as unintelligent neurotic wing nuts while the men were showcased as amoral ass bags. Final verdict РI'm just not that into this movie.

2 comments:

girlvet said...

I gotta say that I think the title alone is an insult to women. I mean I can't believe this in the year 2009...

RehabNurse said...

I loved your review and I agree with girlvet.

Maybe this movie should be called welfare for the actors and actresses who need a job doing just anything!

I found your blog via Head Nurse. I'm not ER, but head on over and check out the Hotel Rehab anytime at rehabrn.blogspot.com.