Monday, November 29, 2010

I’m a Terrible Blogger

I’ve been an awful blogger lately. I’ve started to take some classes and I feel like I’ve completely lost the ability to manage different areas of my life. I'm running out of clean scrubs, the cat is constantly annoyed about her food bowl not being filled on time and my hair is getting greasier and greasier. I suppose I'll save money on shampoo. Whereas in my younger days, I could memorize a textbook in a week (if I didn’t procrastinate) now I can barely get through an abstract without my eyes growing dull with boredom. I’ve started writing some promising posts only to abandon them halfway through to go out for a coffee. I have to get through a few assignments and then it’s going to be back to blogging as usual.

In the meantime, I’ve been going through all the comments about my grandmother passing away and my adventures about head-butting with a doctor about patient care and I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and thoughts. I’m happy to say that management actually had my back on this one. I’d love to give out more details but privacy, confidentiality, blah blah blah won’t allow me to.

Now that I’ve run out of every conceivable activity to do before doing my readings (including blogging), I must get back so that I can keep a few days homework free!

14 comments:

NPO said...

Welcome back, life can be challenging.
Glad management backed you, sometimes nurses feel on their own when something happens.

EDNurseasauras said...

Happy to hear that the clipboards were on your side.

I have been in school for 3 years +. I have one more course to go but have taken the last 6 months off. Procrastination! Just can't seem to face it, especially since I can now see clearly just how much I have let slide. Yikes! Guess I should just keep on plugging, and you can do the same!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back... sounds like life has smacked you aside the head... lots going on... creativity for blogging not quite there. It's o.k. You'll get your mojo back. ;-)

Anonymous said...

mojo risin'

L said...

Good to know you're hanging in there. And extra good to know the hospital had your back on that one.

OMDG said...

Glad everything worked out for you. And the good news is that holiday season is coming, so maybe you'll get a bit of a respite in a few weeks.

Christine said...

Hope you get a break soon! What classes are you taking?

RehabNurse said...

I know what you mean! Yes, going to school and working is a challenge but the investment is in yourself and yours to keep, wherever you go!

mjay said...

Welcome back :) Just going to throw it out there that I'm fairly sure that we all dont mind that you put your blog on the back burner to continue your edcuation! Good for you btw on going back!

Maha said...

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

Christine - I'm trying to get officially certified for emergency nursing through my college so I'm taking some courses to qualify for the emergency nursing exam.

Eileen said...

Maha - no-one needs to know the details, what we DID need to know was that it's all OK. So glad common gumption triumphed - and I hope a certain MD learnt something to his advantage. I doubt it somehow but you can always hope. Good luck with the courses.

WV - grand, how very suitable!

therapydoc said...

Going out for coffee is better. See it as, Any excuse not to blog. And sorry about gram, too.

Deanna Bland Hiott PhD, MSN, RN said...

Hang in there! I too am in school, it definitely takes a toll on blogging.Also, I'm so sorry for your loss...

Ely said...

Goodness, there's really much effective info here!
faucets buying tips | faucets buying tips | new wedding ideas